Thursday, November 25, 2010

SUPER ELDERS Episode 0-The Preface and Episode 1- The Ball

This is a picture of the original of the first Super Elders comic strip that I drew. I drew this during one of my first weeks in Cody, WY. In it I tried to do a similar introduction that is associated with Superman. "What's in the sky? It's a bird, no it's a plane! No, it's Superman!" Likewise I did the same for Super Elder! Originally it was going to just be a story about me and my adventures as the Super Elder, but I soon realized that this strip needed to move past the solo super hero to a super missionary duo!
Thus the dynamic duo known as the Ball and the Vroomster came to life. I gained inspiration for the two characters while in our apartment. My companion at the time was solving a Rubik's cube while sitting on a chair. He was wearing a ski mask that was bright red and black.
I said, "There you have it! That is what you will look like!" He told me to draw him round like a "ball" and make him short. So I did. My character, The Vroomster, had not fully been developed as I started drawing him back then. He still continues to change more and more as the mission continues. Through the Super Elders comic strip I was now able to have more material to draw from as I expressed my mission in my drawings.

These comic strips reflect the highs and lows of missionary work. As I continue to post more comic strips on my blog I will also explain some of the stories behind them. I bear you my testimony that this work is true and that God loves each one of His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment